Current Course Offerings
Skills to Improve Conflict Resolution
Presented by: Beth Sarfaty, PT, MBA
This 1 hour live webinar will help to define what conflict is and how it presents in both professional and personal situations. One of the biggest challenges when it comes to managing conflict is understanding how you behave when in the midst of difficult situations. Having an understanding of your most common reactions will help you improve your ability to handle conflict and then learn the skills necessary to manage conflict effectively and efficiently.
The objectives of this course include:
- Recognizing what conflict looks like between professionals
- Understanding how conflict presents and how to manage with other clinicians
- The ability to identify how not managing conflict can negatively impact your ability to effectively communicate with and treat your patients
- Apply your understanding of conflict to improve your professional relationships with peers, co-workers, patients and their families
- Improve your ability to articulate appropriately to handle conflict
- Learn the skills necessary to manage conflict effectively and efficiently and evaluate through self-reflection the ability to work through conflict
This course is a beginner to intermediate level of didactic instruction with opportunities to self-reflect and interact with other attendees via on-line chat, to learn how best to communicate with your peers and co-workers to improve your conflict resolution skills. This class is appropriate for PT, PTA, OT, OTA and all health-care workers.
Agenda – 60 minutes of live webinar with active chat between participants for self-reflection and feedback
Approved for 1.0 CEU per NJ State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners approval # 2010-005
Approved for 1.00 CCUs for PTs and PTAs by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners, approval # 74185TX