Current Course Offerings
PT Ethics: Choice and Consequence
Presented by: Beth Sarfaty, PT, MBA
Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist’s Assistants are required to make ethical decisions every day while treating patients. This course is designed to provide PT, PTA, and all healthcare workers guidance in ethical decision making and provide resources to help guide through the decision-making process. This course will include facilitated discussion among participants. Discussions will center around ethics regarding how challenges present themselves in the realm of everyday practice in a variety of settings. Learning about different methods and principles in how to handle ethical cases will also be discussed and applied to a variety of case scenarios.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to;
- Understand the difference between ethics and morals and how it relates to our practice
- Identify ethical tension and its role in moral distress
- Understand how we can impact moral distress and our environment
- Recognize an ethical situation & demonstrate how to manage it
- Apply the principles of ethical decision making to actual ethical situations presented
- Articulate the importance of ethical practice on the profession
- Utilize the APTA Code of Ethics in resolving ethical decisions
This 2.5 credit Ethics course is offered to Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist’s Assistants in a highly interactive online, live webinar. Multiple case studies spanning different practice settings will be problem-solved, shared and discussed in a participatory forum.
Agenda – 150 minutes of on-line live didactic with active chat between participants for self-reflection and feedback.
This course is a basic level course, appropriate for all levels of professional experience.
- This course is approved for 2.5 continuing education credits per the Florida Board of Physical Therapy Practice. FPTA approval number CE23-981786
- This course is approved for 2.5 continuing education credits per the NJ State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. Approval #2204-71. This course satisfies the NJ PT ethics requirement for the 2022-2024 licensure period. This educational event counts towards “live” CE credits.
- This course is approved by the Pennsylvania Physical Therapy State Board for 2.50 GEN CEUs. Approval #PTPR015482
- This activity has been approved by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 2.50 CCU’s for PT’s and PTA’s. Approval #75989TX