Current Course Offerings
Managing Difficult Conversations
Presented by: Beth Sarfaty, PT, MBA
This 1 hour live webinar, will help you to identify what antecedents may lead to difficult conversations, from addressing mistakes to leaving non-productive behaviors go unchecked for a period of time. Either way, no matter what the cause is, having those necessary conversations can be both difficult and stressful. We will discuss what makes those conversations difficult, why we don’t like to have them and what we can do to be prepared and have a positive outcome.
The objectives of this course include:
- Participants will be able to identify when a difficult conversation is necessary
- Participants will be able to define what components are necessary in effectively managing a difficult conversation with a patient, their family and co-workers
- Participants will demonstrate how to recognize when emotions are escalating and how that turns difficult conversations more crucial
- Participants will identify their style of behavior and communication and how it impacts their ability to effectively handle the difficult conversation
This course is a beginner to intermediate level of didactic instruction with opportunities to self-reflect and interact with other attendees via on-line chat, to learn how best to work with your peers and co-workers to further improve the level of communication necessary to ensure a safe, productive and positive work environment for all clinicians and our patients. This class is appropriate for PT, PTA, OT, OTA and all health-care workers.
Agenda – 60 minutes of live didactic with active chat between participants for self-reflection and feedback
- This course is approved for 1.0 continuing education credits per the NJ State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. Approval #2010-004
- This activity has been approved by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 1.00 CCU’s for PT’s and PTA’s. Approval #74080TX
- Educational Solutions, LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 002515. This live webinar is offered at 1.0 CEUs