Current Course Offerings
Managing Difficult Conversations
Presented by: Beth Sarfaty, PT, MBA
This 1.5 hour live on-line course, will help you to identify what antecedents may lead to difficult conversations, from addressing mistakes to leaving non-productive behaviors go unchecked for a period of time. Either way, no matter what the cause is, having those necessary conversations can be both difficult and stressful. We will discuss what makes those conversations difficult, why we don’t like to have them and what we can do to be prepared and have a positive outcome.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Identifying what makes a difficult conversation between professionals difficult
- Recognize how to be prepared to have the conversation and encourage a favorable outcome
- Applying the knowledge of using your emotional intelligence and being self-reflective, can help you achieve a positive outcome with the conversation
- Improve your ability to manage difficult conversations with other clinicians, thus developing your relationships with your peers and co-workers
- Evaluate & appreciate how improving one’s ability to manage difficult conversations can have a positive effect on the workplace environment and treatment approaches with one’s patients
- Articulate the importance of timely and respectful management of difficult conversations
This course is a beginner to intermediate level of didactic instruction with opportunities to self-reflect and interact with other attendees via on-line chat, to learn how best to work with your peers and co-workers to further improve the level of communication necessary to ensure a safe, productive and positive work environment for all clinicians and our patients. This class is appropriate for PT, PTA, OT, OTA and all health-care workers.
Agenda – 90 minutes of on-line live didactic with active chat between participants for self-reflection and feedback.
- This course is approved for 1.5 continuing education credits per the NJ State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners. Approval #2204-73
- This activity has been approved by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 1.50 CCU’s for PT’s and PTA’s. Approval #76009TX
- This course is approved by the Pennsylvania Physical Therapy State Board for 1.50 GEN CEUs. Approval #PTPR015485
- Educational Solutions, LLC is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 002516. This live webinar is offered at .15 AOTA CEU